How sad is that blog title? :(
When we were sitting at Cummins in Boise, we made a plan that when we got to the Elks Lodge in Portland, we would spend a week packing up Scoopy and then we'd officially put her on the market. If we didn't have interest in her then, we'd just list her once we arrived in Seattle for the holidays.
There are not enough LOLs to express how ridiculous that plan turned out to be. Ultimately, we decided we just didn't want to deal with selling, we wanted to live in our home, decorate for the holidays and just enjoy what time we had left in her.
On New Year's Day we left Lake Pleasant RV Park near Seattle and hit the road. We ended up in Wilsonville, OR just south of Portland where we stayed for three days so we could finish packing Toadie and cleaning Scoopy. For our last trip, we drove to Carrier RV Service in Eugene where we turned over the keys. They will spruce her up a bit then put her on the market. It was such a relief that we didn't have to deal with all that. We were there about an hour, then said our final goodbye to Scoopy and began the long, long journey back to the ranch near Abilene, TX.
Click above for the epic movie of our trip from Oregon to Texas!
We've been at the ranch since January 8th and have stayed pretty busy getting ready for our big move and spending time with family. It's hard to believe, but next Wednesday we fly to Paris! From there we will take a train about an hour south to Sens where we will pick up our rental car and drive to the Airbnb we've rented for the next month. Our one and only goal for the next few weeks is to search for a new-to-us motorhome in which to live and travel for the next few years.
Together with friends and family in Texas.
It will be great if we find it right away, but we are prepared to take our time and find the right one for us. We have no other plans until April 18th when we have to make our way to St. Jean Pied de Port in the south of France. It is from here we will begin our walk of the Camino de Santiago on April 21st, Easter Sunday. We hope to have a rig by then, but if not, our search will have to be put on hold until June.
C'est la vie, right? :)
UP NEXT: Update from France!